There are cold countries where heating systems are so important that people depend on it’s innovation for a comfortable life through the months of excessively cold weather that they have to endure. These heating systems need to have a few qualifying aspects as noted in the following.
- They should be safe and easy to use
- They should be cost effective
- They should be easily replaceable
- They should be easy to maintain
- They deliver results
Among all of these points, each one is important in their own way. However, the last one stands out in its degree of importance. At the end of a long working day on a very cold night you really wouldn’t mind spending a little more but you do not desire inefficient functioning.
Underfloor Heating Systems
There are two systems of underfloor heating that are used popularly even though one is ahead of the other in the polls of popularity and frequency of usage.
They are Electric Floor Heating System and Hot Water System.
Electric under Floor Heating
The system or method of heating in electric underfloor heating is through a mesh of wires that is insulated and installed under the top layer of the flooring of an area.
The layout of the wires come in a length that have to be woven in a mat according to specified sizes and spacing or else readymade mats made of the wire mesh is available for installation.
There are different kinds of underfloor heating wires that are available. Here are some of the products that are available as choices for your electric underfloor heating systems.
- Carpet heaters
- Area rug heaters
- Laminate floor heaters
- Tile floor heaters
- Vinyl and linoleum floor heaters
- Hardwood floor heaters
There are several advantages of electric underfloor heating systems. They can be summed up in the following.
- The cost of installation of electric underfloor heating systems is low.
- They take very little time between installation and ready to use time.
- The cost of spares if needed and maintenance is also low and easily available in case of replacements needed as well.
- The underfloor mat systems make these invisible and neat in rooms.
- Preferable options for patients with breathing disorders especially asthma as this system reduces dust and insects.
Hot Water Systems
In a hot water heating system, there are pipes that are laid out on the floor of an area through which hot water is circulated in the place whenever necessary. The heat generated from the water increases the temperature of the room to a preferred degree of warmth.
There are various types of pipes that are used in this process to ensure safety and durability.
There are however several points that prove to be disadvantageous to the employment of this method.
- The process is an expensive one as far as installation is concerned even though in terms of a work it can be cost effective in the long run.
- It is also expensive in its cost of maintenance. In some cases of under floor pipes maintenance is difficult.
- It is a time consuming process as it is complicated.
It has been observed that as far as popularity is concerned electric underfloor heating systems is the choice modern home owners and builders prefer.